Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin is a natural oil/wax based interior finish for exotic wood species. In one simple application it produces a rich professional satin finish which can be polished for a higher sheen. The grain and texture of the
Designed to deeply penetrate into exotic and dark wood species such as Jatoba, Meranti, Mahogany, Merbau, Ebony etc. Ideal for wooden flooring, furniture and joinery, suitable for all interior wood. Can also be used in bathrooms and kitchens witho
Approximate coverage: 20m²/L with one coat
Number of coats: 2
Appliction tools: Roller or brush
Approx drying time: 12hrs
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 18%). Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin is ready to use. Do not thin. Stir well with a flat stirring stick or spatula before use. Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed. As a general rule, wear a dust mask during sanding works. Fill small cracks, larger joints or holes in wood (with Osmo Wood Filler). If possible, please apply the first coat to all sides before installation. Sand wood surfaces carefully. Begin with coarse sandpaper – final sanding work for flooring 120-150, for furniture P220-240. Before oiling the surface, remove sanding dust with a soft brush or vacuum.The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin can be brushed, wiped, dipped or sprayed in an enclosed unit.
1st coat: Apply thinly along the grain with an Osmo flat brush or lint free cloth (for furniture). Maintain a wetted surface to feed the wood for 30 minutes. Avoid allowing the product to dry. After 30 minutes, wipe away any excess product with a lint free cloth. If necessary, re-apply to unsaturated, thirsty areas then wipe away excess before drying. Provide good ventilation for drying.
2nd coat: Please follow the same process as the 1st coat. Avoid covering during drying and curing. After 2-3 weeks, the surface is fully cured.
Recommended number of coats: one coat for furniture / two coats for flooring and worktops.
For renovation works, one coat applied to the clean and dry surface is usually sufficient.
Oils enhance the natural tone of wood (permanent wet effect). Applying the product too generously and insufficient ventilation lead to delays in drying time.
Caution: Apply max. one coat thinly to cabinet interiors and drawers with a cloth.
Using general or multi-purpose cleaners will increase the frequency of maintenance and recoating. Allow finish to fully cure before heavy usage.
Regular Cleaning: Dust mopping using the green Dust-Mop from the Osmo Mop Cleaning Kit for Floors. Damp mopping using Osmo Wash and Care or Osmo Spray-Mop.
Occasional Maintenance: Intensive spot cleaning of scuff marks and refreshing using Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner.
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
Wood Wax Finish Extra Thin is suitable for the following wood types. For all other wood species, always trial apply.
- Green Oak: moisture content is often above the maximum 20% recommended.
- Idigbo: contains yellow dyes which leaches when the wood becomes wet and stains when in contact within iron.
- Other woods treated with a varnish, lacquer or other surface coatings must be completely sanded before use.
- For absorbent wood species without a high ingredient content, use Osmo Polyx®-Oil Original.
- Over application and low ventilation can increase the drying times.
- Avoid covering during drying and curing. After 2-3 weeks, the surface is fully cured.
- Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin is suitable for less absorbent wood ( eg: tropical) in the interior; wall and ceiling panelling, wooden flooring, furniture and children’s toys.
- Ingredient-rich wood species contain a high level of density, natural oils, resin and/or tannin content which Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin has been especially developed to protect.
- Approx. coverage: 20m²/L with one coat
- No. of coats: 2 coats
- Application temperature: +5°C
- Drying time: 12hrs.
- Sizes: 0.125L, 0.750L, 2.5L
Natural oil and wax combined interior finish designed for hard, ingredient-rich, oily and dark wood species – such as Teak, Cedar, Iroko, Walnut etc.
In one simple application a rich professional satin finish is produced. The grain and texture of the wood is accentuated.
Extremely water resistant and dirt repellent, suitable for all interior use such as flooring, furniture and joinery including wet rooms, kitchens and bathrooms – does not suffer from water marks.
An all in one product – no base coat, primer or top coat is necessary.